Dramatically Improve Your Smile with Esthetic Dentistry
Modern dentistry has many tools to restore teeth in a natural looking, more beautiful fashion. The most up-to-date materials and techniques are used in their dedication to renewing and creating beautiful, healthy smiles.
I never wait for an appointment or for very long in the waiting room. The doctor also takes a minimal approach – he does everything necessary to preserve and promote my dental health, but doesn’t push or insist on unnecessary procedures. Also very gentle and patient! – Eileen M.
Tooth whitening provided by a dental professional is the safest and fastest way to a whiter brighter smile, which can brighten your life every day.
- Here at New York Center for Esthetic & Laser Dentistry we offer three options to fit your lifestyle: Zoom! (in office, just over an hour), Opalescence 10% (During your sleep), Opalescence 20% (several hours a day)
- Whitening should start with a prophylactic cleaning to see how much staining can be easily removed. Then the dentist measures the base color of the teeth as a reference point. Almost anyone can benefit from the whitening procedure. However, treatment may not be as effective for some as the others (depending on present base color, existing stains, and discolorations).
- The secret of successful bleaching is the concentration of bleach and the length of contact with the teeth.
- In-office bleaching offers the maximum strength concentrations of carbamide peroxide (hydrogen peroxide in combination with gel thickeners) available applied to the teeth during one or more one hour sessions. There is no faster way to brighten your teeth!
- For people who prefer supervised home bleaching we offer easy-to use custom fitted trays with the supply of bleach (10 to 20 percent carbamide peroxide) that are worn for one to several hours a day or night, typically over a period of 2 to 3 weeks. The bleach is applied from the easy-to-use syringes. Refills are available, and your set of trays are usable for touch ups.
- Teeth whitening is also recommended for many patients planning a complete smile makeover.
He did a wonderful job when my front teeth needed a complete makeover. I am very happy with the results and have recommended Dr. Poiman to my friends. – Thomas P.
Removal of Dark Spots
There are many reasons for superficial white, brown, gray, or orange spots that appear on tooth surfaces. Regardless of their origin, these spots are objectionable (unsightly), and may be removed in one or more of the following ways:
- Microabrasion – For removal of a small amount of the discolored tooth structure an abrasive solution is the most conservative method used in Esthetic Dentistry. This method, microabrasion, which is painless (requiring no anesthetics), is usually very fast, relatively inexpensive, and produces a permanent result. We will advise you if this procedure is appropriate for the superficial spots on your teeth.
- Restoration – Spots or discolorations which go deeper may be eliminated through small restorations.
- Veneers/Bonding – If there are multiple or very deep discolorations, thin custom-made pieces of plastic or porcelain called veneers can be bonded to the surfaces of the teeth to cover the spots. Veneers provide an excellent appearance and have a longevity of several years.
I lost my front teeth in a bicycle accident and needed two root canals. Dr Poiman was great. It was relatively painless for what it was. He also put in two extra veneers for me at laboratory cost only so I can straighten my teeth. – Clark C.
Porcelain veneers are ultra-thin shells of ceramic material, which are bonded to the front of teeth. This procedure requires little or no anesthesia, and can be the ideal choice for improving the appearance of the front teeth. A bright smile with well-aligned teeth and beautifully shaped teeth can dramatically improve your appearance and help foster greater self confidence.
- No More Unsightly Teeth – Let’s face it, chipped and uneven teeth can be unsightly part of your smile, negatively impacting your job prospects, social life, and confidence level. Veneers can hide these smile shortcomings, replacing chipped and uneven teeth with ones that ideally shaped for your mouth and nearly impossible to distinguish from real teeth.
- A Bright, White Smile – Our pearly whites are susceptible to the many substances that can stain them over time- tetracycline use, coffee, wine, and tobacco, to name just a few. The new ceramic and processed composite resin materials used in veneers can remedy this by giving patients a dazzling smile.
- Youthful Appearance – One of the most amazing “side effects” of veneers is the transformation that can occur to the appearance of the face. As we age, our teeth wear down and change shape, causing changes in the overlying muscles and skin. With veneers we are able to replace worn teeth to full contours, which can help create more youthful appearance. Other improvements in patients can include possible full lips and smiles, as well as a potential reduction in facial wrinkles.
Chao Pinhole® Gum Rejuvenation
Dr. Poiman Performs Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a breakthrough treatment for gum recession. The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Unlike traditional grafting techniques, PST™ is incision and suture free. All of the tools and techniques used to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique were created by Dr. John Chao.
While Dr. Poiman strives to increase his knowledge in the field of dentistry and share it with his patients, he has created a warm and friendly environment where 'going to the dentist' is simply more fun.