A Custom Smile Makeover Can Completely Transform Your Look
If you want to rejuvenate your smile, but you have several types of cosmetic dental concerns, you may be a good candidate for a smile makeover at our Manhattan, NY, practice. During a makeover, you will work closely with Dr. David J. Poiman to choose a set of procedures that will comprehensively and dramatically improve your smile. When you receive a smile makeover at NY Center for Esthetic and Laser Dentistry, we will consider your cosmetic goals, health, and budget, explaining your options and answering any questions that you may have. Depending on your particular needs, your makeover could include porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, gum contouring, and more.
Is a Smile Makeover Right for You?
Because a smile makeover can have such far-reaching results, it may be a good option if you struggle with a number of cosmetic issues. A makeover can address:
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Dental discoloration
- Misshapen teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Slight misalignment
- Excess gum tissue
- Gum recession
- Tooth erosion
Before you can undergo a smile makeover, you must have healthy teeth and gums. Dr. Poiman will conduct a complete exam before recommending any cosmetic procedures, as well as provide treatment for conditions like decay or gum disease.
The Smile Makeover Procedure
Once he has determined that you are a good candidate for a makeover, Dr. Poiman will begin planning your treatment. He wants you to participate in this process to ensure beautiful results that exceed your expectations. Come ready to discuss your aesthetic goals as specifically as possible. You can even bring in photos to show Dr. Poiman what you would like your smile to look like after treatment.
Because a smile makeover can have such far-reaching results, it may be a good option if you struggle with a number of cosmetic issues.
Based on your goals, your dentist may suggest two or more treatments for your makeover:
- Porcelain veneers: Custom-made just for you, these thin ceramic shells are attached directly to your teeth and can cover up a broad assortment of imperfections. Dr. Poiman will use precise lasers to prep your teeth with minimal discomfort.
- Dental crowns: Frequently considered dental restorations, crowns can also improve the appearance of your smile. These tooth-shaped caps will completely cover your teeth to hide excessive wearing and more. Typically, Dr. Poiman will use our CEREC® system to provide same-day crowns.
- Teeth whitening: We offer both in-office and take-home whitening. Many times, we will combine the two methods to produce more comprehensive and longer-lasting results.
- Microabrasion: If you have minor or isolated external stains, microabrasion may be more appropriate than teeth whitening. Using a special chemical solution, Dr. Poiman can quickly and painlessly remove the top layers of discolored tissue.
- Gum contouring: An uneven gum line or excess soft tissue can affect the proportions of your smile. Using a precise laser, Dr. Poiman can remove unwanted tissue to reshape your gum line. Alternatively, if you have suffered gum recession, he may recommend the innovative Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign® can address minor to moderate dental misalignment using clear, comfortable aligner trays to gently reposition your teeth.
Makeover Treatment Benefits
A smile makeover can provide sweeping results that could transform your entire appearance. After treatment is complete, your teeth will look whiter, brighter, and more even. In response to your enhanced smile, you could also enjoy a greater sense of confidence. Most importantly, you will be ready to share your smile with loved ones, and you will feel self-assured when you look in the mirror.
Schedule a Consultation
You can begin designing your custom smile makeover during an initial appointment. Contact NY Center for Esthetic and Laser Dentistry today to learn more.
While Dr. Poiman strives to increase his knowledge in the field of dentistry and share it with his patients, he has created a warm and friendly environment where 'going to the dentist' is simply more fun.