Innovative CEREC® for Realistic Same-day Restorations
At NY Center for Esthetic and Laser Dentistry, we employ the latest technology to speed and enhance your care. Dr. David J. Poiman can use the CEREC® system to produce custom-made restorations such as same-day crowns right here in our Manhattan, NY, office. Because we will produce your restorations on site, we can carefully match the materials to your teeth. You can receive a highly lifelike restoration on the same day that you come in for treatment. In just one appointment, you can enjoy complete dental function without awkward temporary restorations.
The Various Uses of CEREC®
The CEREC® system can be used in a diverse range of restorative procedures. Most commonly, Dr. Poiman will use this technology to produce customized, same-day porcelain crowns. In other cases, he can provide CEREC® bridges, inlays, and onlays. Same-day restorations are not appropriate for all patients. Dr. Poiman will evaluate your health needs to determine whether you are a candidate for this treatment option.
How Does CEREC® Work?
“Our office can use our advanced technology to provide lifelike, convenient restorations that suit your unique needs.”
Before placing any type of dental restoration, Dr. Poiman will need to reshape your teeth. In this way, he can remove damaged tissue and create a stable base for your restoration. We will then take digital impressions of your teeth using CAD/CAM (computer aided design and computer aided manufacturing) technology. Dr. Poiman can display the highly precise images on a computer screen there in the treatment room. From a chair-side computer, he can adjust the images to design your custom restoration.
After the designs are finished, Dr. Poiman will upload them to our CEREC® milling machine. The system will produce your restoration, carving it from a block of lifelike porcelain. In most cases, the fabrication process will take between 20 minutes and an hour, depending on the size of your restoration. Once it is done, Dr. Poiman will make sure that it fits correctly, and he will securely attach it to your tooth.
CEREC Dental Restoration
Watch how CEREC® can help you receive all-ceramic restorations in a single dental appointment. This technology can create highly esthetic, metal-free restorations without the need for messy impressions or temporaries.
The Benefits of CEREC®
Thanks to its many benefits, CEREC® has transformed the way that we approach restorative dentistry. These benefits include:
- Efficiency: With this digital imaging technology, your treatment can take place in a single visit. There will be no need for repeat appointments, messy impressions, or uncomfortable temporary restorations.
- Esthetics: CEREC® uses state-of-the-art materials, which will provide a realistic color and sheen. In addition, because we will fabricate your restoration here in the office, we can more closely match the material to the natural shade of your teeth.
- Conservative treatment: With a CEREC® restoration, your dentist can usually preserve more of your natural tooth structure than he could with a traditional restoration.
- Improved oral health: CEREC® can reduce your risk for infection since bacteria will not be able to accumulate beneath temporary restorations.
- Patient education: Because he will display your digital impressions on a chair side computer, Dr. Poiman can keep you informed about your oral health.
Enjoy Advanced Treatment
Our office can use our advanced technology to provide lifelike, convenient restorations that suit your unique needs. To learn more about CEREC® and to experience the difference for yourself, contact our office today.
While Dr. Poiman strives to increase his knowledge in the field of dentistry and share it with his patients, he has created a warm and friendly environment where 'going to the dentist' is simply more fun.