Laser Dentistry: Minimal Discomfort and Recovery Time
What Are Dental Lasers?
With no injections or sedatives, laser treatments are often much faster than traditional techniques.
Our office also uses of the DIAGNOdent laser system. This innovative technology allows us to discover cavities in their earliest stages. We can provide effective treatment before you require more extensive restorative procedures.
Laser Dentistry Procedures
- Crown lengthening: If you have a tooth that has broken at or near the gum line, we can remove small amounts of gum and bone tissue to allow better placement of a crown.
- Tooth reshaping: If you have slightly irregular teeth, Dr. Poiman can use a laser to trim your dental enamel. This procedure can create a more even smile, and can resize disproportionately large teeth.
- Cosmetic gum contouring: Similarly, your dentist can use WaterLase to reshape your gums. If you have a gummy smile or a crooked gum line, you may qualify for this treatment.
Advanced Periodontal Care
Preparing for Restoration Placement
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry
Lasers are an essential part of our practice, providing significant advantages over traditional treatments, such as:
- Lasers are so precise that there is often no need for local anesthesia. In addition, Dr. Poiman can remove very conservative amounts of tissues to achieve highly personalized results.
- With no injections or sedatives, laser treatments are often much faster than traditional techniques.
- This technology can thoroughly eradicate bacteria and preserve the healthy areas of your gums.
- Lasers do not produce jarring vibrations, friction, heat, or noise. Your care can be more comfortable, and you will face a lower risk of teeth cracking or other structural damage.
- The laser will seal off your soft tissues as it works. You should experience very little bleeding and no need for sutures. Recovery should be faster, as well, and you can face a lowered risk of infection.