Dental Implants Provide Superior, Permanent Support for Restorations
Dental implants are small titanium posts that can replace lost tooth roots and support a crown, bridge, or denture. Your restoration will be incredibly stable and virtually identical to your natural teeth. The NY Center for Esthetic and Laser Dentistry, offers all stages of dental implants treatment, conveniently under one roof. When you receive dental implants at our Manhattan, NY, practice, Dr. David J. Poiman can carefully plan and complete your treatment to ensure long-lasting results that will improve your overall oral health.
Dental implants replace lost tooth roots to provide permanent, lifelike support to crowns, bridges, and full dentures.
Are You a Candidate?
Dental implants are the highest recommended restorative treatment for replacing teeth. As a candidate for treatment, you must meet several health requirements. Your jaw must be strong enough to support the implants. If you have lost jaw volume as a result of tooth loss, you will face a higher risk of implant failure. Fortunately, however, an advanced bone graft or sinus lift procedure can often restore your candidacy for this treatment. You should also be in good overall physical health before undergoing any elective surgery. Dr. Poiman will carefully consider autoimmune diseases, diabetes, blood disorders, and similar health concerns before recommending dental implants. In addition, gum disease and other oral health conditions can affect your candidacy.
To determine your candidacy for implants and to begin planning your surgery, Dr. Poiman will take x-rays and advanced scans of your jaw. He can also use our advanced technology to create 3-D images of your jaw for the most accurate measurements. With these images, we can find the strongest areas to place your dental implants. On the day of your surgery, we will numb your gums and jaw. Through small incisions, Dr. Poiman will create a space and then place titanium implant posts in your jaw. You may only need one implant if you are missing a single tooth. However, if you are going to receive a larger restoration, such as a bridge or denture, you may need between two and six implants per dental arch.
Recovery and Restoration
After your implant surgery, it will take between four and six months for your jaw to heal. In many cases, you will need to wait until your recovery is complete before you can receive your implant-supported crown, bridge, or denture. While you heal, you will be provided with a
“Dental implants will fuse with your jaw, sending out regenerative signals that prevent jawbone recession.”
temporary. When you are ready, Dr. Poiman will attach connector pieces to each post, and he can then affix your crown, bridge, or denture. Your restoration will be highly lifelike, and will receive unparalleled support from your implants. In some cases, you may even qualify for Teeth-in-an-Hour. With this treatment, you will receive an implant-supported prosthetic on the same day as your surgery.
Why Should You Consider Dental Implants?
If you are looking at your various restorative options, there are several reasons to consider dental implants, including:
- Incredible stability: Implants do not slip out of place. You can enjoy all of your favorite foods, and you will not have to worry about mishaps while you are speaking, smiling, or chewing.
- Unparalleled aesthetics: An implant-supported restoration will rest directly along your gums, without the need for a large plastic base or metal clasps for stability.
- Comfort: Implant-supported restorations do not cause uncomfortable rubbing. You will not need to worry about a loose prosthetic that needs to be relined to fit the changing shape of your jaw.
- Durability: When you care for your smile properly, dental implants can last the rest of your life.
- Conservative treatment: To place a traditional bridge, your dentist would need to reshape your surrounding teeth to accommodate the restoration. With implants, Dr. Poiman can leave those teeth intact.
- Improved health: Implants will fuse with your jaw, sending out regenerative signals that prevent jawbone recession. In turn, they can protect your facial structure and your remaining healthy teeth.
Receive a Restorative Evaluation
Dental implants can restore your entire smile, providing unrivaled support to restore your oral health. If you are missing teeth, contact our office today and find out if implants are right for you.
Related to This
While Dr. Poiman strives to increase his knowledge in the field of dentistry and share it with his patients, he has created a warm and friendly environment where ‘going to the dentist’ is simply more fun.
New York Office
57 W 57th St Ste 605 New York, NY 10019 Open Today 8:00am – 5:00pm